link: The Minneapolis Institute of Arts Unified Vision: The Architecture and Design of the Prairie School
navigation spacer Introduction navigation spacer The Collection navigation spacer Purcell-Cutts House Tour navigation spacer Architectural Tour navigation spacer Comments navigation spacer
Site Plan Site Plan Site Plan Site Plan Site Plan Site Plan Site Plan The Site Entryway (Exterior) Exterior
Purcell-Cutts House
 link: Introduction
 link: The Site
 link: Exterior
 link: Entryway - Exterior
Site Plan
 link: 1st Floor
 link: 2nd Floor
 Nuts & Bolts
 Purcell's Own House Notes
previous page The Purcell-Cutts House - Introduction next stop
360 degree view Restoration of the reflecting pool, 1990

Related Images
Introduction related image
Introduction related image

Introduction, page 3 of 3
From House to Museum Piece
In 1919, Purcell put his house up for sale and moved with his family to Philadelphia. Anson Cutts and his wife, Edna, who purchased the house, realized it was architecturally relevant and did not significantly alter it during their sixty-six-year residency. In 1985, Anson and Edna's son, Anson Cutts Jr., bequeathed the house to The Minneapolis Institute of Arts along with funds for its restoration. In 1990, after a three-year restoration process, the house was opened to the public. next stop >

page 1, 2, 3

Unified Vision Intro| The Collection| Purcell-Cutts House Tour| Architectural Tour| Comments